Personal Statement

Personal Statement

Monday, December 17, 2012

Eat This: Monster Cookie Dough Dip

Made this for a cookie exchange the other day. Credit for the original recipe goes to Something Swanky, but the cute recipe card is all mine.  Well, mine and PicMonkey's.  How do I love PicMonkey?  Let me count the ways.  It's a mash-up of Illustrator and PhotoShop for lazy people who don't want to bother with tutorials.  And, right now, it's free.  Apparently, it won't be free for long - but I'm okay with paying a reasonable monthly subscription, because it allows me to create things like this on my lunch break:


I bought a bunch of Rubbermaid containers with red lids at Dollar Tree and glued green tinsel around the tops, filled festive bags with mini pretzels for dipping, and clipped the recipe card to the pretzel bags.  Came in second place (failed to mention that it was a competitive-but-also-philanthropic cookie exchange, wherein people voted for their favorites with dollar bills, and the winner got all of the money to donate to a charity of her choice).  I was beaten out by a coffee shop owner, who basically bakes stuff for a living, so I felt good about my second-place finish - and, also, her cinnamon rugelach was totes amaze-balls.

If you have a family member who doesn't see the "point" in "baking perfectly good raw cookie dough" (I call him "Spouse"), whip up some of this dip, and give the gift of "no salmonella" this holiday season.


No comments: