Personal Statement

Personal Statement

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Pillows, Polka Dots and Monograms, Oh, My!






When I informed my better half that I intended to use the linen left over from the kitchen window treatments to make monogrammed throw pillows, he sighed soulfully - the only thing that makes less sense to him than my monogramming fetish is my need to cover every inch of surface area with pillows. So I thought I'd offer him an olive branch - hence, the "useless pillow" that now sits front and center on our living room sofa. He did appreciate the gesture, citing it as an excellent example of truth in advertising, and in consideration of my ability to laugh at myself he has made nary a comment about the four pillows that arrived along with it (all made by my mom, who really outdid herself) - the aforementioned "kitchen linen" pillows, bearing our blended monogram, and the "his side" and "her side" pillows that had their genesis in a great fabric remnant that I found while purchasing trim for the other projects. It was a big remnant - I also got a tablecloth out of it, shown here with my new green-and-white polka dot plates. I found them on deep discount and bought every last one that they had in stock. Didn't realize until I got home that they were part of the Paula Deen at Home Collection. I should have known; Paula and I have the same taste in many things! She calls them "Dot Crazy" - wish I'd thought of that name.

No comments: