Personal Statement

Personal Statement

Monday, September 20, 2010

Themed Adult Birthday Celebration #1





First in a series of four . . . .

My grandmother celebrated her 92nd birthday on Thursday, so the boys and I planned a dessert centered on one of her favorite things - golf. We hot-glued plastic champagne glasses to a piece of cardboard and filled them with pink tissue shred to resemble pink "ladies' tees." We glued green tissue shred to the cardboard to disguise the bases and create the grass. The golf ball cupcakes are chocolate (we used a box mix), iced with homemade vanilla buttercream and studded with upside-down white chocolate chips to make the dimples.






Happy birthday, Gigi! Coming up - a "big" birthday for my mom, my husband's birthday the same day, and my dad's birthday a month after that. Connor, Parker and I are planning themed celebrations for each of them, just for grins.

No comments: