Personal Statement

Personal Statement

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Kid Stuff: Slippery Vixen

The scene:  I am heading south to the apartment, and Spouse and the kids are heading north on the same road.  Spouse and I are on the phone, discussing who is likely to arrive first, who should park in the garage, etc.  Twice, he opined that he and the kids would arrive before me, given that I had to make my way through a typically nasty road construction-related traffic snafu.  I checked out what was ahead of me and reported that things didn't look that bad.

I was unaware that, from the perspective of one of the backseat passengers, the gauntlet had been thrown.

I got home first and pulled into the garage with Spouse hot on my heels (tires)?  Doors opened, Spouse literally (LITERALLY) fell out of the driver's side laughing his patoot off, and the seven year-old burst out of the backseat hollering:

"YOU SLIPPERY VIXEN!!!!  I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT YOU BEAT US!"

Slippery vixen?

Spouse assured me that the phrase did not originate with Spouse but, rather, with the seven year-old - hence, the falling-out-laughing part.

I have been called a nimble minx before, but never a slippery vixen.

Postscript:  Yup, Google confirmed it.  It's a Phineas and Ferb reference.  God bless P and F for making us laugh even when we aren't in front of the TV tuned into their show.

No comments: