Personal Statement

Personal Statement

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Kid Stuff: New Normal Outtake

Mom, when I turn eighteen, I'm not going to college.
 
EXCUSE ME?

I'm going to Air Force college.

Oh.  Like the Air Force Academy?

Yup.

Still college, baby - you go to regular classes, AND you do your military service on top of that.

Oh.  Well, that's okay.  As long as they teach me to fly B-2 Spirit bombers.  I also want to fly an SR-71 Blackbird.  And, of course,  I would have to take an iPod with me.

Mmmmm?

So I can listen to "Blackbird," IN A BLACKBIRD.

Riiiiiight.

[Singing] BLACKBIRD SINGING IN THE DEAD OF NIGHT, TAKE THESE BROKEN WINGS AND LEARN TO FLY.  ALL YOUR LIFE, YOU WERE ONLY WAITING FOR THIS MOMENT TO ARIIIIIIIIIIISE . . . .

It's possible that I have the coolest kids in the entire world.

No comments: