Personal Statement

Personal Statement

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Adventures in Party Planning: Rough and Tough Boy Party Themes

Okay, someone needs to hire me to do a little boy party, because I am FILLED with great ideas - but I am fresh out of little boys.  And, much as I love parties (and, for that matter, little boys), I'm just not willing to add a third heathen to our brood.

Got a race track of some sort at your house?  If you have a boy, chances are good that you have more than one.  Why not repurpose one of them as a cupcake display?


Paper plates and napkins, creatively arranged, make steering wheels.


You can serve kid-friendly beverages in gas cans.  CLEAN ones, obviously.  As in, buy new ones from Home Depot or Lowe's.  THEN you can put gas in them - or not - AFTER THE PARTY.  (This public service announcement brought to you by the Common Sense Police.)


Chocolate-covered mini donuts make perfect "Spare Tires" for a car party.  Seriously.  You don't have to do a thing to 'em.


This extension cord wreath would work for a car party or a construction party.


Click on the image below to enlarge it and marvel at the creativity behind these refreshment names (Wrecking Balls, Fill Dirt, Drill Bits, etc.).


And, finally, I give you . . . the CONEstruction pinata.


Seriously, somebody, put me out of my misery and let me plan your little boy's party.  Otherwise, I may attempt to force one of these themes on my soon-to-be-twelve-year-old.  And the ensuing battle will not be pretty.

No comments: