Personal Statement

Personal Statement

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

When Life Hands You a Sick Kid

. . . you assemble treat boxes for his birthday party. At least, that's what I did this morning. Not much chance of getting actual work done with a five year-old Stage 5 clinger asking me for personal services every other second.


Bought these "Batboy" stickers last year for Parker's Justice League party. They are from Invitation Monkey - Web site is www.invitationmonkey.com. Cute stuff! Darling proprietress, Carrye Campbell! Buy from her - and in the "How did you hear about us?" field, tell her that Kathryn sent you! (Since it seems like I'll never get around to opening my own storefront, I enjoy living vicariously through her, and I like shilling for her - because she's just that awesome, and her products are awesome, too.)



Scored the ginormous Batman activity books for fifty cents apiece; can't beat that. Box contents include Chinese yo-yos, party blowers, Play-Doh, stickers, velvet coloring posters and rubber bats.

Max the Hunting Cat attempted to appropriate all of the rubber bats for himself. I had to hide the extras and secure the finished treat boxes where they were safe from prying kitty paws.

Parker informed me that the bats look just like Manbat, one of Batman's frequent opponents. Sure, honey - that was entirely intentional. Mommy's just that cool. Or that lucky.

No comments: