Personal Statement

Personal Statement

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Eat This: Cherry-O-Cream Cheese Pie

My mom used to make this super-easy cheesecake for me when I was growing up. It's a "California-style" cheesecake (which, I guess, makes sense, since she used to make it for me when we lived in California!), so if you are used to the more dense and cakey New York cheesecake, forewarned is fair-warned: this is gooey, but oh-so-good.

CHERRY-O-CREAM CHEESE PIE

1 (9-inch) graham cracker crust
1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese
1 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. vanilla
1(20-oz.) can cherry pie filling

Let cheese soften; whip until fluffy. Gradually add milk and continue to beat. Add lemon juice and vanilla. Blend well and pour into crust. Chill 2-3 hours. When solid, spread cherry pie filling on top. Chill.

No comments: