Personal Statement

Personal Statement

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Fun on the Interwebs: Anagram Generator

Can't remember how I found http://www.wordsmith.org/, but the kids and I are having way too much fun with the anagram generator.  My name is an anagram for "Methyl Granny Chick," which is kind of awesome.

The longer the name, the more permutations there are - hence the number of truly awfully awesome names that the Big Kid pulled up after typing in a friend's name.

My Pirahna Melon.

Her Pony Mailman.

Manlier Ham Pony.

Minor Hyena Lamp.

Trust me, this exercise is exceptionally eleven year-old-friendly, although Mom, Dad and the six year-old get a kick out of it as well.  When our eleven year-old learned that his male friend A.'s name translates into "Dancer Dolly," for a split second I thought that he would actually ask for the phone and dial Friend A. with the news.  This would have been an exceedingly rare event, evidencing a tremendous level of excitement on Big Kid's part, because said child is the spit and image of my father, and my father is THE DEFENDING WORLD CHAMPION of "Let Me Get Your Mother." Doesn't matter if you lead with, "DAD, I-AM-CALLING-SPECIFICALLY-TO-TALK-TO-YOU-SO-PLEASE-STAY-ON-THE-LINE"; you will still get "Let me get your mother."  Like a bull rider, you find yourself struggling to keep the conversation going for eight seconds.

I can pretty much guarantee that this Web site will hold your attention for more than eight seconds, so let the anagramming begin.

No comments: