Personal Statement

Personal Statement

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Adventures in Party Planning: Play With Your Food (Or Decorate With It?)

The hits from Reading Rocks just keep on comin'.


"Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs." Notwithstanding that our first viewing of the movie adaptation immediately preceded Broken Arm #2, and our second viewing was in the Sutures Room within the Cook's ER, I really like this story - and I love this interpretation of it. Yarn spaghetti: ingenious. Also appreciated: the open (indoors) umbrella, brazenly announcing to the world, "Superstitions? We don't need no superstitions." I would like to think that the open umbrella was the instrument by which all bad karma associated with CWACOM was banished.



I also loved this "Pizza Pat" table, in part because it was imaginatively executed and in part for sentimental reasons. Connor LOVED that book when he was four. We read it every night for months and months on end. Seeing this table makes me want to dig it out and read it to PJ.


Both tables also leave me craving a good red sauce.

No comments: