Personal Statement

Personal Statement

Friday, March 11, 2011

Things I'm Digging: Charlie Sheen, Law Firm Marketing Maven


I am the de facto marketing director-slash-Webmaster for our law firm, having taken on the task of revamping our Web site a few years back. Recently, I started a commercial leasing blawg (law blog) as well, and in the process of linking that site to the Web site, it occurred to me that the new, improved firm site is not all that new anymore - and could use some improvements. So I solicited input from the other attorneys as to updating of content, formatting changes, etc. And, to make sure that I got their attention, I started out my e-mail as follows:

More and more law firms are branding themselves with a distinctive tag line, such as "Straight Talk" or "Setting Precedent." I think that it's high time we jumped on the bandwagon, so I present to you our new tag line:

[Name of firm] . . . Addicted to Winning.


Under this, I added a screen capture of our Web site's banner heading, with "Addicted to Winning" added under the firm name. And below that, I wrote:

Now that I have your attention, please get me any Web site edits before close of business on Friday. If you fail to respond to this e-mail, I reserve the right to actually add a Charlie Sheen tag line to our site. Not really - but you never know.

Since then, it has occurred to me that "Addicted to Winning" is just the tip of the iceberg. If you think about it, Mr. Sheen is a veritable font of potential law firm brands. Here's a representative sample:

Clearly above the law.
Our success rate is 100 percent. Do the math.
Bring us a challenge. Somebody.
Bitchin’ focus.
Shut up. Stop. Move forward.
You’ve been warned, dude. Bring it.
We don’t believe in panicking.
Teamwork. Bang.
On a quest to claim absolute victory on every front.
We are gnarly gnarlingtons.

No comments: