Personal Statement

Personal Statement

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Eat This: Liquored-Up St. Patty's Day Cupcakes

I think that I have found my all-time favorite St. Patrick's Day recipe. 

Not that the competition was all that strong.  Never been a big fan of corned beef and cabbage, or soda bread, or potato soup.  So typically the extent of my St. Pat's "cooking" is limited to making these breadstick shamrock pretzels:


and putting a green pepper clover on . . . something.  A casserole, a pizza, whatever.


(Both photos courtesy of Family Fun.)

This year I may even get around to topping paper beer cups with popcorn ball faux-foam:


(Photo courtesy of Hostess With the Mostess' blog.)

Now, liquor, on the other hand - liquor I can wrap my brain around.  (Or liquor warps my brain?  Whatever.)  Hence my delight at finding a recipe for Chocolate Whiskey, Baileys and Beer Cupcakes on the Spork or Foon blog.  Click here to access the recipe (and the kind-of-hilarious back story that goes along with).


They look edible enough, right?  The beer (Guinness, to be specific) is in the batter, the whiskey is in the ganache filling, and the Baileys is in the icing.


Yum.  And sláinte mhaith.

No comments: