Personal Statement

Personal Statement

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Fun on the Interwebs: Superherostuff.com

I have been so busy at work this week that I failed to observe Wonder Woman's birthday, which was yesterday, Tuesday the 22nd.   Well, I guess I observed it:  I had happy hour drinks with my coworkers, followed by a pedicure experience with a whole host o' ladies from Woman's Club.  I think that WW would support both of these endeavors.  I imagine that she wrapped up many a hard day of pounding on bad guys with a round of martinis with the Flash, followed by a spa experience with Batgirl.

A lot of my time over the past few days has been spent attempting to beat various lawyers and decisionmakers into submission on various and sundry "deal issues."  I believe that on Monday I likened my job to a game of Whack O' Mole come to life:  beat on the bank over here, beat on the third-party consultant over there.  Oops, that guy and his pet issue just popped up again - whack, whack, whack.  Okay, he's down.  Moving on.

Not the same as pounding on bad guys - but pounding is involved, with a giant metaphorical Whack O' Mole mallet.

So, sorry, WW for missing your big day.  In your honor - and given my own upcoming birthday and numerous requests for gift ideas - I am considering several purchases on http://www.superherostuff.com/:



A Wonder Woman plush dolly!  I really, really want her - and also her Batman counterpart.



Wonder Woman dominatrix boots!  These would really put a WW Halloween costume over the top.  But I'd like to think that I'd wear them year-round.

Grown-up Underoos!  Remember Underoos?  My mom never bought them for me - in part because I never did the undershirt thing.  Nope, bypassed undershirts, bypassed training bras, went straight to the industrial-strength foundation garments.  Got the bodacious gene from both sides of the family, fortunately or unfortunately (my opinion on the subject varies daily). 


The perfect beach tote!  Well, I already have this one:


But it needs a friend.

No comments: