Personal Statement

Personal Statement

Thursday, December 8, 2011

8 of 25: Improvised Cookie Recipe

Bought cinnamon M&Ms as an impulse purchase at the Super Target checkout.  Thought I might try baking cookies with them, utilizing the Toll House recipe.  Small problem:  I was one stick of butter short to make Toll House-type dough.  So I utilized what I had on hand (namely, Duncan Hines cake mix and cooking oil) and modified a cake mix cookie recipe.  Didn't particularly love the batter when I tasted it, and didn't particularly love the cookies right after they came out of the oven, but once they cooled I became a fan.

CINNAMON M&M COOKIES

1 box butter-recipe yellow cake mix
1 bag cinnamon M&Ms
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup dried coconut
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs, slightly beaten

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  In large bowl, combine all ingredients; blend well.  Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.  Bake for 8-10 minutes.  Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets. 

Yield:  at least 2 dozen, depending on how you define "rounded."

No comments: