Personal Statement

Personal Statement

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Adventures in Party Planning: Happy My Birthday

Enjoyed a lovely birthday dinner with the fam on Friday:


Tiny tulip bouquet was a "thanks for having me" gift to my mom. Menu included a Southwestern pimiento cheese spread appetizer, poppyseed chicken, cranberry nut salad with raspberry basil vinaigrette and Parmesan pull-apart bread. Gotta love the take-out case at Feastivities.

The kids had their own table:


Parnell went with the April "cake of the month" from Nothing Bundt Cakes - chocolate turtle. Yum. But I didn't really care about taste - just the pink peony.


The small fry decorated the beverage table (beverage selections included "tea" and "also tea"):



Thanks for having me, Mom!

Girly-wrapped boxes:


Containing some not-so-girly gifts:


And a couple of girlier ones:


Not pictured: some really nifty cupcake wrappers and liners. I predict that there will be some baking in my future. And I predict that I will be doing that baking in one of a variety of hipster tees.

No comments: