Personal Statement

Personal Statement

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Fun on the Interwebs: Subversive Cross-Stitch

I found the source of the Batman cross-stitch sampler! Steotch (rhymes with "beotch") maintains an Etsy site - and a healthy sense of humor. Just in time for Easter:



LUDACRIS! In cross-stitch format! Just in time for Easter! (Because when I think of Easter, I think of baby chicks and the Dirty South. Sort of. Not really.)

The Esty listing for this piece includes the lyrics from Luda's "What's Your Fantasy," adapted to crafting:

I wanna stitch you in the Georgia Dome on the 50-yard line

and my personal favorite:

However you want it lover lover gonna tap that Aida soon

God, I enjoy a great needlework canvas pun. Never heard one until now, but it was well worth the wait. And every time I cross-stitch henceforth, I am quite sure that I will chuckle at the thought that I am "tapping that."

Other canvases feature: Chewbacca wearing a Santa hat, with the message "Happy Life Day" (a reference to the Star Wars Christmas special, woot!); the Serenity Prayer, accompanied by an image of Princess Leia chained to Jabba the Hut; "Bless this House," with an eerily accurate image of Hugh Laurie; and a traditional sampler with Amish-looking farmers, rows of crops and the phrase, "Bros before Hoes."

LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: