Personal Statement

Personal Statement

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Adventures in Party Planning: Fourth of July Pinterest Board

I have pinned a bunch of Fourth of July party ideas here (and by "here," I mean "there is a link to a Pinterest board if you click on the word 'here,' but you have to take my word for it, because Blogger is not at all user-friendly when it comes to linking, and so you have to roll over a word on the screen in order to see the hotlink, grr"). 

I'm totally ripping off the mini-ice-cream-sandwich-on-a-popsicle-stick idea for a party this weekend.  I also thought about simplifying the rocket party cracker idea by wrapping cardboard tubes with scrapbook paper and adding fuses out of string.  You know, to make firecrackers?  But then I realized that a cardboard tube with a string might look a whole lot like a certain popular type of feminine hygiene product.  So I shelved the party cracker idea.

Good save, huh?

Hope that you find something useful for your Independence Day celebration.  And if you happen to be at Ridglea Country Club on the fourth, and you notice that someone has trimmed all of the tennis nets with patriotic ribbon, a la the Martha Stewart badminton net idea . . .

. . . I had nothing to do with it.

No comments: