Personal Statement

Personal Statement

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Fun on the Interwebs: SnorgTees

I will admit it: SnorgTees appeals to my genetic predisposition for geekiness. (Seriously, it is genetic - scientist mom, mathematician dad. 'Nuf said.)

I love SnorgTees for making Star Wars shirts that I might actually wear to make my children happy, like this one with a Stormtrooper sugar skull:


Don't care for Star Wars that much, but I'm crazy about sugar skulls!

Also love SnorgTees for these math-themed shirts:


Get it?  It's a computation of the limit of a function as x approaches infinity?  And, you know, x can approach infinity but never reach it, so . . . it can't touch . . . um, that.

Moving on.


"Octopi."  This one just makes me happy for reasons I can't explain.  (Okay, okay - we have STIPULATED that I am a geek.  Moving on.)

Movie quote time:  what film is this tee from?


Yup - Anchorman.  SnorgTees is replete with Will Ferrell references - from Elf ("Smiling is my favorite") and Talladega Nights ("I want to be formal, but I'm here to party," with an image of Jesus in a tux tee), among others.


Holy Grail!  "SHE'S A WITCH!"


Austin Powers!  The famous "sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to  their heads"!

Not pictured:  perhaps my favorite SnorgTee of all time,  "I Got 99 Donuts 'Cause a B**** Ate One."  See, you can be a geek and like Jay-Z at the same time.  It's called versatility, people.

No comments: