Personal Statement

Personal Statement

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Poaching the Perimeter: Bath Pouf Topiary

As you may know, I am a proponent of Better Living Through Super Target.  Although I do it far less frequently these days (due to time shortages and a recent - but no doubt fleeting - revulsion to clutter), I do enjoy perusing the perimeter of my local ST for end-cap clearance bargains, always beginning my excursion with a cruise through the Dollar Spot.

I've decided to start sharing the "best of" Target perimeter items - both my personal finds and the finds of others.  Today's selection is from Greenbean's Crafterole blog.


It's a bath pouf topiary, and the stuff topping off the bucket is bath confetti.  Everything (with the possible exception of the dowel, and possibly the ribbon - although sometimes you can get ribbon at the Dollar Spot) is DS merchandise.

Click here for a link to the instructions.  In lieu of the butterfly, you could hot-glue a bulldog clip to the front, or even a cute binder clip.  (Yes, there is such a thing as a "cute" binder clip.  I picked up some adorable brown-and-blue polka dot ones on clearance at Wal-Mart.  Yes, I occasionally go to Wal-Mart.  PLEASE DON'T LET TARGET KNOW THAT I OCCASIONALLY CHEAT ON IT WITH WAL-MART, OKAY?  Thanks.  Let's continue.)  Then you could use the topiary as a means of "packaging" a gift of a spa or manicure gift certificate - great for a girlfriend or teacher gift.

No comments: