Personal Statement

Personal Statement

Friday, May 6, 2011

Things I'm Digging: Girl Soccer Versus Boy Soccer

A few weekends ago, I missed half of Parker's soccer game because I couldn't stop staring at the action on the field to my left.  The match-up:  the Cinderellas versus the Magic Wands.


Those are the Cinderellas in pink. The Magic Wands appear to have had their (lavender) jerseys custom-made. You can't tell from the pic, but they have fairies on the fronts of them.
Following hard on the bow-trimmed cleat-wearing heels of the pink and purple teams were the Limelights and an unidentified team wearing pink camo.


Note the sunglasses.

Here are some of the other girl teams in our league:

The Soccer Sisters
The Fancy Falcons
The Pink Tornadoes
The Purple Piranhas (I actually REALLY like this one)
The Peace Players
The Power Girls
The Fort Worth Cowgirls
The Ladybugs *

* There are SEVERAL Ladybugs.

When Connor was small, I also recall there being a team called the Polka-Dotted Flip-Flops.

Here is a representative sampling of the boys' teams in our league:

The Jedis (that would be my sons' team - although they are considering a change to "The Batmen")
The Clones (another Star Wars reference?)
The Dark Knights
The Mario Bro's
The Monster Truckers
The Zombies
The U. S. Cobras
The Flaming Arrows

And (my personal favorite):  the Gold Score-pions.

Proof that boys will be boys, and girls will be girls, I guess.

No comments: