Personal Statement

Personal Statement

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Eat This: Nutella Deflated Cheeseball-Turned-Dip-'Cause-I'm-Lazy


Found this on Gimme Some Oven's Blog page.  Made it for a girls' get-together the other night.  It was super simple - an 8-oz. block of cream cheese, a 13-oz. jar of Nutella and some chocolate chips.  I used mini chips, and I added half of them (about 3/4 of a cup) to the Nutella/cream cheese mixture while it was mixing.  Didn't feel like going to the trouble of wrapping it in plastic wrap and freezing it into a ball (or a patty, like in the picture - I feel like "Nutella Deflated Cheeseball" might be a more appropriate descriptor?). Instead, I scooped it into a (heart-shaped) bowl, topped it with more mini chips and refrigerated it overnight, then served it as a dip.  For dippers, I highly recommend a non-sweet cookie (like a tea biscuit), because the dip is plenty sweet on its own.  Pretzels are even better, because you get a little salt mixed with your sweet.

No comments: