Personal Statement

Personal Statement

Friday, February 3, 2012

Polka Dot-Rockin' Bird-Braker

I'm a few days behind on DVR recordings, so I just watched Tuesday's episode of "New Girl." Otherwise, I would have incorporated the following (somewhat paraphrased) quote into yesterday's post about unapologetic girliness: 

Yes, I brake for birds. I rock a lot of polka dots. And I admit I touched glitter in the last 24 hours. I like ribbons, but I’m still smart and tough. And my checks have baby farm animals on them, bitch.

My checks don't have baby farm animals on them, and I haven't touched glitter in the last 24 hours. But I did think about glitter in the last 24 hours. (Found the coolest Easter egg decorating tip on Pinterest: stick double-sided adhesive sticker dots to eggs, roll in glitter. Done and done.)  And I don't just like ribbons; I love them.  I rock a ridiculous amount of polka dots.  As for braking for birds, it is entirely possible that a bird-brake-related auto accident ultimately will lead to my demise.  Seriously:  I worry about it all of the time.   Doesn't stop me from braking, though.

I also would like to think that I am smart and tough.  Girliness, or "adorkability," notwithstanding.

Power to the polka dot people.

No comments: