Personal Statement

Personal Statement

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Things I'm Digging: Good Times With LiteralMSPaint

 

Spouse directed my attention to LiteralMSPaint's "video" for LMFAO's Party Rock Anthem.  (Click on "Party Rock Anthem" in the previous sentence for a link to it on YouTube.)  I laughed.  I cried, but also from laughing.  I showed it to the kids.  We watched it over and over.  And we wondered:  how flippin' creative are these people?

Answer:  very creative.  Delighted to learn that they have their own YouTube channel, which, right now, only features three videos - Party Rock Anthem, Chris Brown's Look at Me Now and Like a G6.  (EDITOR'S NOTE:  The Chris Brown song is the explicit version.  Don't watch with children.  You have been warned.)  I am hoping that they will add others.  And I am hoping that, by publicizing their work effort to date, I will increase the likelihood that that will happen.

You have to watch a couple of times to get all of the subtle nuances.  For example, I was initially confused by the Lloyd Dobler stick figure with the boom box.


Then I realized that he represented the concept of "WOO."  Get it?  Woo?  WOO!?  Double meaning?  Anyway.  Now every time I hear "party rock is in the house tonight" the image at the top of this post flashes in my head.

Check it out.  I guarantee that you will have a "good time":



No comments: