Personal Statement

Personal Statement

Friday, February 17, 2012

Things I'm Digging: My Other Favorite Reading Rocks Table


My boys love "The Strange Case of Origami Yoda" and its sequel, "Darth Paper Strikes Back."  The books combine two of their great loves:  origami and Star Wars.  Thus, they were all over the Origami Yoda table at Reading Rocks - and it was one of my top two as well.  Points to decorator Courtney for enlisting her class (she's a teacher) to make their own Yodas and Darths, which she scattered around the table.  And BIG points for her BIG paper Yoda:


I also like the idea of enlarging images from the book (in this case, the origami instructions) and laminating them for use as placemats:



Wish I'd thought of this as a birthday concept for C (being the more origami-obsessed of my two) - and putting it in my pocket for a future birthday for PJ.

No comments: